Monday, December 21, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and a happy 2010! Can you believe it's already been 10 years since the Millenial Crisis?!? Well, this year will be a bit different for me, as it will be the 1st holiday season spent away from my family. Fortunately, I'll be with my best new and old friends. I'm traveling through Burkina Faso to Mali in order to do some exploring there with Sarah and Brad, two other TEFL volunteers. My Christmas night will most likely be spent on an overnight bus to pick up Ali, who is crazy enough to leave his family in Austin to join me for another New Years together!!!! From there we are going to continue on to the Dogon Country, an ancient and sacred region in which we will hike for a few days. Although I'll be physically alone on Christmas Day, I know that I'll be in your thoughts, and vise versa.

Please drink some eggnog for me.

Peace be with you all this holiday season.

-Dave

5 comments:

  1. Back at you, Bud. We'll miss you, but we are also happy that you are seeing the world. Have a great time and say "hey" to Ali for us. See you soon, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mama! I am happy for you, but wish I'd stop seeing the Folger's ad for a son surprising his mom on Christmas and saying, "This is a long way from West Africa"!!! It gets me every time! Enjoy your warm Holiday, and know that we are OK, if but a little teary!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this commercial?! We're all really confused about it here in Burkina Faso. Wow! That's a coincedence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, we all just watched it in the Burkina Faso Peace Corps office. Excellent. It's corny as can be, but we all got a little teary-eyes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, David. A package from my class is on its way. I know by the time you get it will be after the holidays, but hope you enjoy the contents. We tried to send a little winter to you. We all enjoyed your recent letter. Thanks so much for sending it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete