Friday, January 15, 2010

Put It In Drive and Set the Cruise Control

Below is another picture from the Malian mask ceremony we were lucky enough to witness. The guy in front brings to mind the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

This is an ancient Dogon village on the side of an escarpment. No one lives there anymore.

This is a staged fight between two of my students taken during my English Club. Can't work all the time :). For more information about the club, see below (especially Mrs. Artz's class).



Shown below are my English World Club students, working diligently to write letters (in "English") to Mrs. Artz's class at Leighton Elementary in Oswego. That's them waving to all of the students who sent letters from her class! The letters were humorous, and a lot of them were just copying the sentences that Mrs. Artz's students had written, but I was actually very impressed with some of their work. I mean, come on, these kids are in the equivalent of 7th grade and they were able to correspond in English. I love it. To the students at Leighton, expect to see some of these letters soon! Sorry it took so long, but keep the letters coming.


This is CEG Kemon, where I teach. The teepee is there to protect what I believe are burgeoning mango trees. No, there are no doors and windows on this building, but there are in the other buildings on the school grounds. And believe me, you really appreciate the open space on a hot day, which is every day.


This is me in my Tuareg getup in front of a Dogon village in Mali. Awesome.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are "in the driver's seat" once again, even if it is not the ole green CRV! You sound happy-that's cool. Love the pictures. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Hope you get our Christmas package soon. Valentine's one will be on it's way next week so maybe you will get it by St. Patick's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like such a mauritanian in that howli!!

    ReplyDelete